AFVC/RESORT RENTAL, LLC (operating as Holiday Rentals, LLC in MD and TX; collectively referred to as "RESORT RENTAL, LLC,", "We," "Us," or "Our") is concerned about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Notice describes our practices concerning information we collect through: websites we operate from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (the “Websites”), any software applications we make available for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), and social media pages we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (our “Social Media Pages”), (collectively, including the Websites, Apps and Social Media Pages, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice also applies to our offline collection of information. The information you provide helps us to operate effectively and continually provide you with premium hospitality products, services and experiences.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect
local practices and legal requirements. Please read the following to learn more about
our privacy practices.
Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice: By using the Services, you accept the terms of this Privacy Notice and the ways we may use your information. If you do not accept this Notice’s terms, please do not continue to use the Services.
What Information Is Collected and How Is It Collected?
1. We may collect personal information (information that identifies you or relates to
you as an identifiable person) about you such as your:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Financial information
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Stay information
- Communication preferences
- Special needs or conditions that may impact your stay
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
- Register for a product or service or make a reservation
- Contact us with a question or request
- Use our Services
- Make a payment for a product or service
- Contact us with a question or request
- Stay at a rental property
- Provide a testimonial or story, or submit a review
- Provide feedback or complete a survey
- Participate in a competition or sweepstakes
- ”Like”, “Follow” or otherwise connect with or post to one of our Social Media Pages
2. Other Information We Collect about you:
- One purpose of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so the user does not need to login every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” or “temporary” (or “session”) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing them to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless previously deleted by the user). A temporary cookie expires at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the Website is used. These cookies are provided by us as well as third parties (e.g., advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to the advertiser cookies we do permit them to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in - for example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to users based on their online buying habits.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how visitors use this Website. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your Website use is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Pixels, Beacons: We and our third party ad servers may use invisible pixels or beacons on this Website to count how many users visit certain pages. This information is collected and reported in the aggregate without use of personal information. We may use this information to improve our marketing programs and content, and to target advertisements at this Websites and/or on other sites.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; your friends or people with whom you are connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- Mobile Devices: When you use access our Services from a mobile device, we may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location information. If you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect data in connection with the App in accordance with this Privacy Notice and any additional notice posted for that App.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways we can continue to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products and services that suit your lifestyle. We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information about the Services
or an event you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill any transactions or requests for services, for example, to
process your payments or a vacation rental booking, make related travel or resort
tour arrangements, communicate with you regarding your transaction and provide you
with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications we believe may interest you via postal mail,
email, phone or social media.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, identity or information
verification or integrity, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products,
enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining
the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including
laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond
to requests from public and government authorities including public and government
authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our
rights, interests, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, owners,
you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages
that we may sustain.
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information for research, to improve
our products and services; and for other business purposes.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
Your information may be disclosed as follows:
- Affiliates: To other Wyndham businesses (our “Affiliates”), which may jointly use the personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. More information on our Affiliates can be found within Wyndham Worldwide’s 10-K Annual Report (link to 10-K).
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may disclose your information to vendors, service providers or other third parties in connection with our business such as: travel services companies or carriers, resort operators or timeshare developers, financial services companies, property owners’ associations, vacation insurance companies, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, tax and financial advisers, legal advisers, accountants or auditing services. We may disclose your information at your request to third parties so that they may send you promotional or other materials you may be interested in.
- Message Boards: We may make reviews, message boards, blogs, and other such user-generated content facilities available to users. Any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information. We are not responsible for privacy practices of other users including website operators to whom you provide information.
- Merger or Acquisition: A third party who acquires any part of Wyndham Worldwide Corporation itself or any of its Affiliates, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
- Disclosure Permitted by Law: Law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies or officials, regulators,
and/or to any other person or entity having appropriate legal authority or justification
for receipt of your information, if we believe we are required or permitted to do
so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect our rights, interests,
privacy, property or safety, and/or that of our Affiliates, owners, you or others.
- Anonymized/Aggregated Information: Because aggregated or anonymized information does not personally identify you, we
may use it for any purpose. If we combine anonymized or aggregated data with personal
information, we will treat the combined information as personal information according
to this Privacy Notice.
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
- Security of Your Information: We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of information you provide to us via the Services.
Other Important Information
- Information Provided on Someone Else’s Behalf: If you provide us with information about someone else, please ensure you have the person’s permission to do so for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Notice.
- Links to Websites: The Services may have links to other websites not operated by us; we have no control over how these websites may collect your information. You should read the privacy notices on those other websites before you submit your information through them.
- Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure
policies and practices (including data security) of other organizations, such as Facebook,
Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media
platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device
manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations
through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice: From time to time we may revise this Privacy Notice and/or use personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed herein to meet changes in the regulatory or business environment, or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers. Where the Services display this Notice, an updated and date stamped version will be posted.
- Minors: We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under
18 years of age, and no part of the Services is directed to individuals under the
age of 18.
- International Transfers: As an Affiliate of an international company, we may, subject to applicable law, transfer your information to our Affiliates or selected third parties where information protection standards may differ. For example, your information may be stored on servers located in other jurisdictions. We will take steps to help protect your information if it is transferred.
- Retention Period. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the
purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required
or permitted by law.
Choices and Contact Us with Your Questions
- Marketing: We may contact you by email, phone or postal mail with information about products or services offered by Wyndham or a third party that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out at any time by:
- Using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us; or
- Contacting us at email@example.com if you do not wish to receive further direct marketing from us about our products
- ”Do Not Track” Browser Settings: At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted. Third parties, including our service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites, including when you visit our Website. You can learn about how to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services by visiting www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org
- Access to Information We Hold about You: If you would like to access, obtain copies, update, correct or request that we suppress
or delete any of the information we hold about you or if you require further information
from us about how we use your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some jurisdictions, you may be charged a reasonable fee for access to your information.
- Contact Information
If after reviewing this Notice, you have any questions or privacy concerns please
send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to:
Resort Rental, LLC
Armed Forces Vacation Club - Privacy
14 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. With respect to these entities, this Notice applies only to their activities within the State of California. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: March 18, 2015
Last Updated Date: March 18, 2015